Harry's Helping Hand
Finished! Thank you everybody. Our campaign is now over. ×
£1,020 Raised
102% of £1k goal
41 contributors
0 days left
Ended Mar 1, 2015
Hello, my name is Catherine Bialley and if you're reading this page then thank you. As many of you will know I am a complete adrenaline junkie and also a little bit of a nutter! Therefore, I have decided to do a skydive in order to fundraise for ... More ...

Hello, my name is Catherine Bialley and if you're reading this page then thank you.

As many of you will know I am a complete adrenaline junkie and also a little bit of a nutter! Therefore, I have decided to do a SKYDIVE! in order to fundraise for a wonderful, cheeky little chappy.

You many know that I work at a special needs school, and hence this is where I met Harry.

Harry was born in 2009 and when he was just one week out he caught bacterial meningitis, this led Harry to have to have several operations on his brain in the first few weeks of his life. He now has lots of tubes in his brain to help control his hydrocephalus which he has as a result of the meningitis. Because of everything that has happened Harry finds it difficult to do things that his peers do, his left arm does not work as well as his right, he needs to be lifted whenever he needs to be moved, and he needs help in order to eat. From a physical point of view Harry still needs considerable support to stand for a few seconds and help him transfer his weight. He is able to pivot around in a circle on his bottom, prop on his right elbow and side sit. He can sit himself up on the floor when laying down and roll from his tummy to his back.

So why am I doing this skydive you may ask, well we still need to raise over £7000 for Harry's physiotherapy session amongst other things such as private speech and language therapy, hydrotherapy session etc. So I am fundraising in order to help Harry with upcoming events in his life that will help to maximise his potential. Harry also attends 'Footsteps', this comes at a high cost and Harry is likely to need several sessions here, moreover Harry attends 'Brainwave' every six months. Brainwave is a charity that funds 80% of Harry's therapy however the remaining 20% still needs to be raised for Harry.

If you wish to learn more about the organisations that I've mentioned in this website, please use the links below:

www.brainwave.org.uk

www.footstepscentre.com

Or to view Harry's own personal website please visit:

www.harrysworld.biz 
Activity highlights See all 42
Follow this campaign to receive updates by email.

People just like you

People just like you have raised $87+ million for causes they and their friends care about.

Start your own campaign
Recent contributions