Thank you everybody. Our campaign is now over.
Support Youth Center in Moldova
$2,700 raised
100% of $2.7k goal
34 contributors
0 days left
Ended Nov 13, 2017

Dear Friends,

THANK YOU for your amazing support! Thanks to it, we could keep the youth center in the Moldovan city of Balti in operation. It has been the second school year already and we keep on going! As a continuation of our efforts, we opened a non-profit organization called Ormos Charity in Canada and kindly ask you to send your gifts through Ormos Charity's website from now on:

Thank you again and all the very best from all of us!

= = =

Dear Supporters,

Welcome! My name is Vlad Litvinov and I created this project to fundraise for the activities of the youth center in Moldova. 

Since 2014, I have been a supporter for the Fakel (Torch) Youth Center or Club in Balti, the second-largest city in the Republic of Moldova. Fakel is officially registered with the Municipality of Balti and has been in existence since 2003. The center offers a place for the young people from 12 to 24 years to meet and participate in the variety of activities: table tennis, soccer, volleyball, board and outdoor games, art and craft making, tours and hiking, etc. The main goal of the center is to involve children and youth in a meaningful activity and keep them off the streets. Fakel is located in the central part of Balti and is open from Monday to Saturday from 2 to 7 PM. On an average day, 10-12 children rotate at the center. Presently, there is only one staff working with the children. 

The center provides services to about 100 children in total out of which about 20% are children at risk (children from troubled families, young adults in past conflict with the law, etc.). The other 80% come from different backgrounds but this participation is important as these children bring a positive influence and indirect example. In general, the center had adopted 3 to 1 model whereby a child in distress is coached by 3 children from better-off families. 

Until September this year, the youth center was supported by a local NGO. The model proved successful and the NGO decided to relocate to Chisinau, Moldovan capital, ending support for the center in Balti. I have been visiting the club since 2014 and I know children and their instructor personally. The center aims to make a real and lasting difference in children's lives. The camaraderie is amazing. As well, I was moved to see a growing volunteerism, e.g., in addition to coaching each other in the center, the guys would visit orphans and elders, participate in green projects, and etc. This certainly needs to live on. 

At this time, we are working to open a small non-profit but things like that can take time. In the meantime, the center needs support. Though we cannot keep some large programs such as counselling or vocational activities (not for now), we would greatly rely on your support for our current needs, such as daily snacks (tea, water, cookies, fruit and juices), art and craft supplies, small sport equipment, e.g. tennis paddles and balls (these go fast), small items for the prizes and awards, as well as the utilities and bills (internet, cleaning supplies, etc.). All this amounts to about $200 a month. 

We hope that you can join us in supporting this important project. We will also be particularly grateful if you could think of a small recurring monthly contribution. This will help us to plan regular programs, as well as look into the future with confidence.

Thank you for your consideration!


See all activity34


Subscribe to receive updates by email.


Support youth club in Moldova Community

Our community shows our leading supporters and the contributions they've made or inspired by sharing our campaign.

to get your personal share link and see your position in our community.

How it works
To appear in our community, simply make a contribution to our campaign and show your name, or inspire a contribution from someone else by sharing your personal link (below). The more contributions you make or inspire, the higher you'll go and the more the campaign will benefit.

People just like you

People just like you have raised $203,000,000+ for causes they and their friends care about.

Start your own campaign
Recent contributions