- Add on tab
- Pin it
Tom Miller hasn't added a story.
Gainesville friends and fans, help me put this fundrazr to bed. We need your help to purchase an iMac. We've raised 75% of the goal so far, and complete victory is just a few steps ahead. We have been allowed extended time. Please take a moment and make a contribution of fifty dollars or more and receive a great perk in return. Your donation will help to permanently restore classic Gainesville music and arts and to share it digitally for the public, for band members who have lost their own music or memories from past performances. Photos and music by dozens of bands that the bands don't even have! Helping our work is a powerful thing because we want to bring back great memories to the people who made them. Please help us reach the goal. Read on and see what we have already accomplished!
AND TAKE A LOOK AT THE ARCHIVES SO FAR RIGHT HERE:
THE ARCHIVES ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! <--- LINK!
- My name is Tom Miller. I am a non-commercial independent performance working in Gainesville, Florida, the Known Center of the Universe.
- As a non-commercial artist, I am involved with projects which are culturally significant but are not designed to measure their success in financial return. Rather, these are performances and projects which seek to challenge, provoke, and entertain by way of various media platforms for the purposes of pure art outside the influence and measure of capital gain. This work is not influenced by money nor does it strive to meet the demands of consumers. The work is for a dialogue of the spirit and an engagement of the soul. Past recent projects include: A 2-Day Twin Peaks Viewing Marathon to raise awareness of the benefits of Meditation, a 16-hour reading in character of Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" to honor and bring awareness to the author, "Operation Copenhagen" - Dinner at the World's Greatest Restaurant to demonstrate how one can achieve dreams, Staring Into the Mouth of Ted Cruz (event and documentary) to satarize the absurdness of our political system, "The 'Instillation' of Nothing (event and documentary) to bring awareness to silence and the space between notes, and a staged reading of my play, "UMMU", which addresses the subjective nature of reality.
- FREDInk Records needs your help, friends and fans, to support several projects, including restoring old indie music and movies from Gainesville's history currently stored in the Reinhard Palovic FREDInk Archives. I know that many of you have helped me in the past, and know that the work stands for itself. Recent coverage in the Huffington Post, Gawker, and other national media has expanded the audience internationally for Gaineville artists. None of this would have been possible without your support, and I sincerly thank you for the opportunity to creat great interactive art. With the successful completion of this fundraiser, together we'll raise enough money to purchaseAn iMac for restoring and preserving analog recordings and movies of classic Gainesville artists and musicians. This gear will be especially important as I have set aside time to go through and digitize historic media from the Reinhard Palovcik FREDInk Archives. This archive has photos from Gainesville bands, artist performances, videos from past Tom Miller shows, poetry redings from the Civic Media Center, and AudioArt from a number of Gainesville artists over the last couple decades. For those who have the interest to support my new and latest work, I have some great perks as incentives. Please check out the perks!
- Among just a few special friends who are able to afford a contribution to my cause, the return to our community will be exponential. I work with a number of local artists on a variety of projects and these tools will be of benefit to those artists and their projects as well. Future projects include: Completing my feature movie, "The Son of the Bride of Gootis", "The Live Performance of Elvostrich", "Untitled" New Tom Miller AudioArt Album, and editing and mastering my new documentary, "Nothing" about the 'Instillation' of Nothing in the Downtown Plaza--an event which attracted the attention of our Mayor and the Chair of the Alachua County Commission. This featurette documentary will be submitted to International Film Festivals and will reflect well on Gainesville, Florida as a center for arts and culture of the weird and wonderful kind. So I am asking you to take a look at the perks, sacrifice a Starbuck's Coffee and a cocktail or two for the cause, and kindly help me raise the bar for arts, performance, painting, and poetry in Gainesville, Florida, "The Known Center of the Universe." A small amount from you will generate a large amount of wide-spread goodwill for the local art scene. Thanks for listening, and I appreciate in advance your contribution!
-- Tom Miller - Performance Artist
HighlightsSee all activity33
- 4 claimed
ELVOSTRICH - THE LEATHER PERIOD by TOM MILLER PRINT ART Art Print / LARGE 28" x 22" Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, ultra smooth, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom trimmed with 2" border for framing. Delivered to your door.
- 0 claimed
18'x22'' DESCRIPTION Fine art print on bright white, fine poly-cotton blend, matte canvas using latest generation Epson archival inks. Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 1-1/2" deep wood stretcher bars. Includes wall hanging hardware. Delivered to your Door.
- 0 claimed
DESCRIPTION Fine art print on bright white, fine poly-cotton blend, matte canvas using latest generation Epson archival inks. Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 1-1/2" deep wood stretcher bars. Includes wall hanging hardware. ABOUT THE ART 16"x24" The quintessential Miller Lobster! Delivered to your Door BONUS - 1 Copy of "All Poets Suck But Me" by Tom Miller - Chapbook of Twisted Poems and Short Stories. 1 USB Memory Stick featuring 4-hours of original Tom Miller Audio Art!
Delete media item?
Delete this item from the media gallery? It will also be deleted from any related story update.
Set as ?
The campaign video will appear in social media and email.
The campaign cover picture will appear in social media and email.
The will appear at the top of your campaign page and in social media and email.
It will be removed from the top of your campaign and won't be used as default in social media and email. The will remain in the media gallery.
Add to a Facebook Page tab
You can add to a tab on any Facebook Page which you manage.
Please note that as of Nov 2017, only Pages with 2,000+ fans are able to install custom tabs.
How to remove a Page tab It looks like you don't have a Facebook Page yet. How to create a Facebook Page It looks like you don't have a Facebook account linked. Click here to edit your account settings
Share a link
Delete this story update?
Any pictures or videos will remain in the campaign's media gallery.
Thank you. We take reports like yours very seriously. Our goal is to keep the community safe.
Please know that we may contact you for more information, but that we won't notify you personally of our decision. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Thank you. We've already received your previous report. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Tell us about the problem. Please fill in both fields below.
Record a video
Upload a video
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Take a minute or two to record one now. Record a short video message of support. Or upload one from your device. You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Upload a short video message of support. Upload a short video message of support. Or record one right now.
- Most effective video length: about a minute.
- Maximum length: 5 min.
- You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Heads up! The existing video will be replaced.
Email your friends
Join our team
Tell people why our cause matters to you. Your personal message will encourage others to help. Easy, effective, optional.
Say it in video
Short personal videos by supporters like you are incredibly powerful. Record one right now and you'll help us raise more money. Easy, optional, effective.
Add a personal goal
Set a personal fundraising goal. You'll encourage more contributions if you do. And rest easy. There's no obligation to achieve your goal or bad consequences if you don't. Easy, optional, effective.
We have a video!
We'd love to show you our campaign video. Want to take a look?
, you're already on the team.