Thank you everybody. Our campaign is now over.
Sasha's Rescue Fund
$390 raised
26% of $1.5k goal
7 contributors
0 days left
Ended Jul 9, 2013
She strayed into our yard, then our hearts, then our home.
She is suffering and we are doing all we can to heal her, but we need help.
Even if you can't donate, please share our story.
Sasha’s Saga…

Sasha came to us one day as we sat on our front porch enjoying the weather. She was sweet natured and eager for our attention. Later we found out that she used to live in the apartment that we had recently moved into.

Her previous owners had abandoned her.

The next time we saw her, we noticed a pretty severe limp. Upon inspection, we found that her right, rear leg had a badly infected wound. She was also pregnant and terribly undernourished. We brought her inside, cleaned and dressed her leg, and gave her some food and water. Right away, she stole our hearts. We bought food and litter, gave her a name, and gave her a home.

One morning soon after, she began crying in pain. She was in labor. She gave birth to five stillborn fetuses over 14hrs. Carol and I took shifts by her side through the night.

Despite her obvious sadness and exhaustion, we thought she might be able to rest and heal at that point. We were wrong.

Soon she became severely lethargic. Carol took her to an emergency vet – CARE Animal Emergency Clinic. The vet examined her, told us she had birthed the entire litter, gave us an antibiotic, and told us to soak her leg in salt water. He determined the leg wound to be the result of a cat fight. ($167)

The following day, Sasha had a milky red discharge from her vaginal area. Carol took her back into the emergency vet where they performed an emergency spay and kept her overnight. ($375)

We did just as instructed. We soaked her leg and gave her the antibiotic (of which she was NOT a fan!), but still her leg was getting far worse. On the 16th, Carol took her to a regular vet – Smith's Animal Hospital. After examination, the vet let her know that Sasha was not treated properly at the emergency vet. Her leg should have been treated and wrapped, among other things. Dr. Neal performed surgery on her leg, wrapped it with a medicated bandage, and sent her home on a stronger antibiotic along with pain medication. He also did a complete blood work up and caught her up on her vaccines. ($361)

A few days later, Sasha was vomiting and still lethargic and in obvious pain. She really did not like taking the pills, so Carol went back to the vet with her. He offered an antibiotic shot which should last 10-14 days. ($40)

Another few days went by and Sasha was avoiding putting any weight on her injured leg. She had also begun to have diarrhea. Carol took her back to the vet again. She had a fever of 104 degrees. The doctor had to perform another surgery on her leg. They had to keep her overnight and they gave her yet another shot of antibiotic. It was during this visit that we were informed that Sasha may need to have that leg amputated due to joint damage. ($203)

On May 29, the date of this write-up, Carol took Sasha in for a follow up. Dr. Neal examined, drained, and re-wrapped her leg. He is leaning more toward amputation, but it will be a few more weeks before we will know for sure. ($95)

The saga continues...
Activity highlights See all10
Follow this campaign to receive updates by email.

People just like you

People just like you have raised $129,000,000+ for causes they and their friends care about.

Start your own campaign
Recent contributions