- Add on tab
- Pin it
Laird Keller hasn't added a story.
- Old Man And His Dummy
- You can help Laird afford to give his 53 year old partner (dummy) away, so the dummy can go on long after Laird is gone. 60 years as a Ventriloquist, and at one time Canada's youngest ventriloquist.
- Making it in show biz has always been Laird's love, but it doesn't always pay the bills. He had planned on traveling around to Fairs to perform when he retired. (From the age of nine years old Laird has entertained at children's parties, store openings, hospitals and when old enough, weekend in night clubs.) Alas this is not to be. Like most in his family he smoked. Not anymore, but to late to stop from getting COPD. Now if he walks 9 feet from the bathroom, he has to sit down for 2 minutes to catch his breath. An entertainer at Country Fairs is not going to be.
- Woody, his partner is his concern, after all he has been by his side for 53 years. Costing a lot of money at the time of creation, with a present value to Laird of priceless. Laird has a very short time left, but like most people didn't save up for this ailment. He can sell his partner Woody to a collector to keep on a shelf and just rot, or give him away to some young performer that can't afford to buy his own dummy.
- This makes 2 people who can't afford to do what is right, Laird to sell and the young performer to buy.
- Here is what he would like to do. Collect a small offering from many people so as Woody can be passed on to a young starving ventriloquist. At the time of his passing all contributors will be offered a ticket to his last performance (my funeral). Woody will be sitting on top of his closed coffin, thanking everyone one for coming. I dare you to see his lips move.
- After this his wooden pal, (dummy) will be given to someone who needs him, all with the support of all you people.
HighlightsSee all activity4
Delete media item?
Delete this item from the media gallery? It will also be deleted from any related story update.
Set as ?
The campaign video will appear in social media and email.
The campaign cover picture will appear in social media and email.
The will appear at the top of your campaign page and in social media and email.
It will be removed from the top of your campaign and won't be used as default in social media and email. The will remain in the media gallery.
Add to a Facebook Page tab
You can add to a tab on any Facebook Page which you manage.
Please note that as of Nov 2017, only Pages with 2,000+ fans are able to install custom tabs.
How to remove a Page tab It looks like you don't have a Facebook Page yet. How to create a Facebook Page It looks like you don't have a Facebook account linked. Click here to edit your account settings
Share a link
Delete this story update?
Any pictures or videos will remain in the campaign's media gallery.
Thank you. We take reports like yours very seriously. Our goal is to keep the community safe.
Please know that we may contact you for more information, but that we won't notify you personally of our decision. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Thank you. We've already received your previous report. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Tell us about the problem. Please fill in both fields below.
Record a video
Upload a video
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Take a minute or two to record one now. Record a short video message of support. Or upload one from your device. You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Upload a short video message of support. Upload a short video message of support. Or record one right now.
- Most effective video length: about a minute.
- Maximum length: 5 min.
- You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Heads up! The existing video will be replaced.
Email your friends
Join our team
Tell people why our cause matters to you. Your personal message will encourage others to help. Easy, effective, optional.
Say it in video
Short personal videos by supporters like you are incredibly powerful. Record one right now and you'll help us raise more money. Easy, optional, effective.
Add a personal goal
Set a personal fundraising goal. You'll encourage more contributions if you do. And rest easy. There's no obligation to achieve your goal or bad consequences if you don't. Easy, optional, effective.
We have a video!
We'd love to show you our campaign video. Want to take a look?
, you're already on the team.