Thank you everybody. Our campaign is now over.
Please help with Duchess' emergency expenses
$445 raised
26% of $1.7k goal
5 contributors
0 days left
Ended Mar 18, 2013
Friday, my 15 month old German shepherd Duchess chewed open a bottle of ibuprofen, ingesting 8,200 mg which is way beyond lethal toxicity. She presented with vomiting, neurological impairment, stumbling, and nodding off into unconsciousness. We ...
Friday, my 15 month old German shepherd Duchess chewed open a bottle of ibuprofen, ingesting 8,200 mg which is way beyond lethal toxicity. She presented with vomiting, neurological impairment, stumbling, and nodding off into unconsciousness. We rushed her to the pet ER where she received urgent care over the weekend, pushing fluids through her vascular system in order to protect her kidneys which were in danger of failing and her liver, as well as taking care to prevent stomach ulcers that could have perforated her digestive tract. Renal failure can present itself anywhere from 1-5 days after ingestion of just 200 mg/kg of body weight. She ingested over 400 mg/kg so they had to keep her there over the weekend to ensure her best chance of survival. They didn't think she would make it and when she did, they said she was a living miracle dog. It's thanks to all of my wonderful friends and family who prayed for her safety and of course the doctors who were wonderful and supportive in every way. She is resting comfortably at home with her puppy friends and I couldn't feel more blessed. However, in trying to pay for her care myself, my bank account severely overdrafted. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated as I did everything I could to ensure my baby had the greatest chance of living without any regard to expense. Thank you so much! <3
Activity highlights See all5
Follow this campaign to receive updates by email.

People just like you

People just like you have raised $113,000,000+ for causes they and their friends care about.

Start your own campaign
Recent contributions