Your share could raise $30
Before you go, did you know that simply by sharing this campaign, you could help it raise $30? It's an effective way to support the cause.No thanks
- Add on tab
- Pin it
- Contact campaign
Almaya Fund hasn't added a story.
SPONSOR OUR WEAVERS' CHILDREN
Providing direct scholarships for our weaver's children to complete all six years of middle and high school.
When we asked our weavers how we could support them, their number one priority was access to education and a better future for their children. In 2021, the Education Fund was established to help children of the Trama Textiles Cooperative learn, grow, and excel. Our primary goal is to provide direct scholarships and essential school supplies to students in need.
The communities that make up the Trama Textiles Cooperative face extremely difficult conditions in accessing education for their children.
In Guatemala, primaria school (grades 1-6) is free and mandatory. However, basico (middle school) and diversificado (high school) require Q2500 per year in tuition. At current exchange rates, this is equivalent to $335 per year. So, it costs around $2,010 total for one child to complete all 6 years of middle and high school. This does not include the costs of school supplies, books, or transportation to and from school.
Each of the 14 communities that make up Trama Textiles Cooperative have an average of 15-20 children, many of which will begin secondary school this year. Our goal is to sponsor each student for all 6 years of middle and high school. This provides students with stability and security, knowing that they will be supported throughout their entire educational journey.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Each sponsored student receives Q150 ($20) per month or Q1500 ($200) for the entire 10 month school year. This covers around 75% of their school tuition. Research on the sustainability of scholarship programs in developing communities has shown that partial scholarships incentivize parents to continue investing in their children’s education.
Sponsored students are selected based on socio-economic assessments of the families in our communities. In order to receive a scholarship, each student must provide proof of enrollment in school and bi-annual grade reports with passing performance.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1. Donate to our collective Education Fund
- When completing your donation, you can choose “Contribute Once” or “Contribute Monthly”. A monthly donation will automatically charge to your card on the date from your first donation. If you’d like to cancel your monthly donation, please email us at email@example.com and we will stop the charges immediately.
- We highly recommend donating monthly, even if it’s only a small amount. Knowing we have consistent donations allows us to plan for how many students we are able to sponsor.
- At the end of every month, we will choose new students to sponsor based on how much money we have raised. A new child will be sponsored each time we raise an additional $1200. This is to maintain our goal of sponsoring each student for the entire 6 years of middle and high school.
- As a direct sponsor, you can choose to sponsor a specific student whose story speaks to you. You will be the sole sponsor of this student for at least 1 full school year (a total donation of $200).
- Each student available for direct sponsorship has expressed interest in connecting with their sponsor. You can stay connected through videos, letters, and photos facilitated by Trama Textiles. You can read about students in need of sponsors here.
- If you are interested in becoming a direct sponsor, please fill out this form and you will be contacted. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you for your continued support of the communities, families, and students of Trama Textiles!
For more information about Trama Textiles please visit our website. Please consider signing up for our monthly newsletter to learn more about our products and programs.
HighlightsSee all activity323
Delete media item?
Delete this item from the media gallery? It will also be deleted from any related story update.
Set as ?
The campaign video will appear in social media and email.
The campaign cover picture will appear in social media and email.
The will appear at the top of your campaign page and in social media and email.
It will be removed from the top of your campaign and won't be used as default in social media and email. The will remain in the media gallery.
Add to a Facebook Page tab
You can add to a tab on any Facebook Page which you manage.
Please note that as of Nov 2017, only Pages with 2,000+ fans are able to install custom tabs.
How to remove a Page tab It looks like you don't have a Facebook Page yet. How to create a Facebook Page It looks like you don't have a Facebook account linked. Click here to edit your account settings
Share a link
Delete this story update?
Any pictures or videos will remain in the campaign's media gallery.
Thank you. We take reports like yours very seriously. Our goal is to keep the community safe.
Please know that we may contact you for more information, but that we won't notify you personally of our decision. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Thank you. We've already received your previous report. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Tell us about the problem. Please fill in both fields below.
Record a video
Upload a video
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Take a minute or two to record one now. Record a short video message of support. Or upload one from your device. You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Upload a short video message of support. Upload a short video message of support. Or record one right now.
- Most effective video length: about a minute.
- Maximum length: 5 min.
- You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Heads up! The existing video will be replaced.
Email your friends
Join our team
Tell people why our cause matters to you. Your personal message will encourage others to help. Easy, effective, optional.
Say it in video
Short personal videos by supporters like you are incredibly powerful. Record one right now and you'll help us raise more money. Easy, optional, effective.
Add a personal goal
Set a personal fundraising goal. You'll encourage more contributions if you do. And rest easy. There's no obligation to achieve your goal or bad consequences if you don't. Easy, optional, effective.
We have a video!
We'd love to show you our campaign video. Want to take a look?
, you're already on the team.