Delete this item from the media gallery? It will also be deleted from any related story update.
The campaign video will appear in social media and email.
The campaign cover picture will appear in social media and email.
The will appear at the top of your campaign page and in social media and email.
Copy and paste the URL for a YouTube or Vimeo video.
, last time you signed in with on this device. Not you?
Signing you in ...
Delete this story update?
Any pictures or videos will remain in the campaign's media gallery.
Delete this milestone?
Recycling Advocates is Oregon’s only grassroots group dedicated to creating a sustainable future through local efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle. We are leading a campaign in Metro to reduce single-use coffee cups. Past achievements include:
• Helping to launch the Master Recycler program
• Helping to pass Oregon’s Bottle Bill (SB707), E-waste legislation (HB2626) and Senate Bill 867, which created an advisory group for solutions
• Working on recyclables collections with corporations/organizations
• Launching the ongoing Western Electronic Product Stewardship Initiative (WEPSI) to institute shared stakeholder responsibility for electronic waste
• Participating in efforts to ban polystyrene food container and PVC plastic packaging
• Establishing the first Zero Waste Conference in Portland
Past achievements are all to the good; however, it is apparent that recycling is not enough. We must add newer programs to convert discarded plastic into useful and durable products. The concept is called “plastic up-cycling.”
The proposed Plastic Roads project is up-cycling at its best. This project will convert plastic otherwise destined for landfills into roads that are more durable and more environmentally sustainable than conventional roads. Our fiscal sponsorship of this project furthers our mission to create a sustainable future through local efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle – and up-cycle.