David Cameron Elementary School's Read-A-Thon Fundraising Event
$1,920 raised
77% of $2.5k goal
75 contributors
0 days left
Ended Mar 21, 2021

**DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL SATURDAY, MARCH 20th at MIDNIGHT!
Please see update for more info!** 


Great things happen when you read!

Welcome to the David Cameron Elementary School's Read-A-Thon Fundraising Event!

STEP 1: REGISTER
This event is FREE, you just need to register and fundraise for your school! 

Register your child(ren) to participate in the "David Cameron Elementary School's Read-A-Thon Fundraising Event" by clicking on the "Register" button above.  Once registered, you'll have your own customized online Fundraising Campaign page! 

STEP 2: FUNDRAISE
from Monday, March 8th, 2021 until Friday, March 19th, 2021

For every dollar raised results in you reading for one minute. Your goal could be to read 100 minutes (100 dollars), 200 minutes (200 dollars) or 500 minutes (500 dollars) — the main thing is to challenge yourself or your family and have some fun! 

Get the word out to your friends and family and tell everyone about the "Read-A-Thon". Ask them to support you by making a contribution ! It's as easy as asking 10 people for $10, 4 people for $25, or any combination you can think of! 

STEP 3: GET READING
from Monday, March 22nd, 2021 until Friday, April 2nd, 2021

 Starting on Monday, March 22nd, 2021, participants start reading books that they have at home, from their school library or even assigned from their teacher to log in their minutes to start a virtual, cross-Canada road trip via an innovative program from Mind Growth Education. Their daily reading sessions take them on an adventure across this great country, building more reading skills while exposing them to all sorts of fun and educational facts about Canada. (Equally as educational for adults too!)

STEP 4: REAP THE REWARDS

When the event is over on April 2nd, 2021 and/or when you have completed your reading goal, don't forget to check your home mailbox because we will be mailing you a brag tag and certificate of achievement via Canada Post (Courtesy of Mind Growth Education)!

 

Brag Tag to attach to your school bag!Certificate of Achievement to hang on your wall!

How will the funds be used?

85% of the net funds raised by this "Read-A-Thon" will be put into the PACs general fund to enhance their students' educational opportunities, provide funds for field trips, and enrich our classrooms and library. The other 15% is used to pay Mind Growth Education's fee to cover the Mind Growth Education subscription cost, administrative fee, rewards expenses + the Paypal or Stripe payment processing fees and transaction costs.

Friends and family - Let's show we are a community that cares about this school!

See "Fundraisers" below to contribute to a specific student or family or contribute to the whole group by not attributing your contribution (your contributed amount will be divided up equally amongst all participants)!

Thank you for your support!

Fundraisers

Highlights

See all activity75

Updates

Subscribe to receive updates by email.

Activity

Recent contributions