Campaign extended! Our deadline has passed but you can still help.
Help fund my mental health counseling
$140 raised
12% of $1.2k goal
4 contributors
4 Years running
Hey, Friends. As some of you already know, I am going through a tough time right now emotionally. I have lost three friends since the beginning of August; I have family members that are fighting their own battles with mental health; and finances ...

Hey, Friends.

As some of you already know, I am going through a tough time right now emotionally. I have lost three friends since the beginning of August; I have family members that are fighting their own battles with mental health; and finances are always tight being on disability.

I NEED mental health counseling soon. I have a situational depression on top of my bipolar. I worked very hard to be able to manage my bipolar without medication. The medications I used to take damaged my liver, gave me diabetes, and interferred with my ability to concentrate so I couldn't finish my degree. I don't want to go back on meds, but I will probably be forced to if I don't get some counseling in the next week or so.

There is a good day hospital program at Overlake. I have an appointment for an assessment on Wednesday, so I should know by Wednesday evening if I am accepted. Medicare will pay 80%. I have to pay the remaining 20% as a copay each day at a cost of $165.50/day. The program runs 5 to 7 days. I get just over $1000 from Social Security each month. So I am asking you for financial assistance.

I know times are tight and I hate to ask, but I am within a year and a half of completing my degree and student teaching. If I have to wait three months for help, I will most likely end up back on medication which will probably end my scholastic career for the foreseeable future.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And thank you all for your support, both emotional and financial.

Activity highlights See all4
Follow this campaign to receive updates by email.

People just like you

People just like you have raised $113,000,000+ for causes they and their friends care about.

Start your own campaign
Recent contributions