Ending soon! If you've been meaning to help, now is the time.
Bayview Community School's Read-A-Thon Fundraising Event
$4,910 raised
98% of $5k goal
94 contributors
3 Days left

Great things happen when you read!

This Read-A-Thon will take the students of the Bayview Community School on an incredible journey of discovery across Canada, inspire a love of reading, awaken their imagination, build their confidence and enhance their reading skills. Help this school get off to a quick start by contributing right away. Your gift will motivate the wonderful students of this amazing school to power their way through their virtual adventure and build skills to last a lifetime.

How could you help?

STEP 1: FIND THE CLASS YOU'D LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE TO OR CONTRIBUTE TO THE WHOLE SCHOOL. 

For every dollar raised results in the class reading for one minute! To contribute to a certain class,
Step #1: Click on the "CONTRIBUTE" button above or find the class you'd like to contribute to by clicking on one of the campaigns below.
Step #2:
Attribute your contribution - Click on the class that you would like to attribute your contribution to!
Step #3: Under "Your Message", please write the name of the student you are associated with (if you wish). 

OR Contribute to the whole school (your contribution will be divided up equally amongst every class at the end of the fundraising part of the event).

STEP 2: SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!

Get the word out to your friends and family and tell everyone about this "Read-A-Thon" Fundraising event. Ask them to support this school by making a contribution towards a class ! It's as easy as asking 5 people for $10, 2 people for $25, or any combination you can think of!

Reading across Canada

Starting on Monday, April 19th, 2021 until Tuesday, May 4th, 2021, our classes will start a virtual, cross-Canada road trip via an innovative program from Mind Growth Education to reach our reading goals.

Example: If a class raises $500, they will need to read 500 minutes collectively. Which province will each class end up in?

Their daily reading sessions will take them on a storybook adventure across this great country, building more reading skills while exposing them to all sorts of fun and educational facts about Canada.

Fun facts!

After completing this Read-A-Thon event, students will have had over 200-1,000 additional minutes of reading during the school year. This has proven to increase their reading speed, comprehension and higher thinking level - a wonderful byproduct is that they frequently increase time they spend in recreational reading providing a great alternative to video games and social media content.

How will the funds be used?

85% of the net funds raised by this Read-A-Thon will help rebuild Bayview Community School's playground and purchase new playground equipment. The remaining 15% goes towards Mind Growth Education and is used to help cover costs such as subscription cost, administrative fee + the Paypal or Stripe payment processing fees and transaction costs.

About Bayview Community School

Mission Statement

Bayview School is a community school of children, staff, parents, volunteers, community members, and outside agencies who come together to provide a safe, caring, mutually respectful, challenging and welcoming environment that enables learners of all ages to develop their intellectual, physical, social, emotional and aesthetic potential.


Source: Bayview Community School, https://www.vsb.bc.ca/schools/bayview/About-Us/Mission-Statement/Pages/default.aspx March 4th, 2021

About Mind Growth Education

Mind Growth Education was founded by Isabelle Baril, a wife, a mother, a classroom teacher and an entrepreneur raised in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada but now lives on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. Isabelle and her team create interactive and fun reading log programs that can be used at home or in the classroom, combining social studies and daily reading, making reading log programs fun again! After her first year in business, Isabelle recognized a huge need for an easier, educational and virtual way to fundraise money for schools and organizations; therefore she created Mind Growth Education's Fundraising Program: Read-A-Thon. Spend time reading not selling! This unique concept is breaking down the barriers of the traditional fundraiser and powering their way through their virtual reading adventure and build skills to last a lifetime.

Let the fun begin!

Campaigns

Highlights

See all activity94

Updates

Subscribe to receive updates by email.

Activity

Recent contributions