Article Under Revision
With the release of our new support center, we are revising old and outdated support articles. There may be information on this page that is outdated.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to our customer support team directly for assistance. This can be done by placing a ticket with the Support button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
This article will help explain the three following payment errors:
The receiver PayPal account is set to block payments in this currency.
The receiver PayPal account is set to block international payments.
The PayPal email address hasn’t been validated yet.
What does this mean?
These error messages can appear for one of two reasons:
- Your PayPal account is set to block certain payments, and/or
- Your PayPal account is not set up to accept the currency you selected on your campaign
Solution for reason #1:
Users with this issue usually have Business PayPal accounts and conduct regular business using PayPal outside of our system. Other websites such as Amazon or their own website may still work.
To view and change your settings for blocked payments, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your PayPal account and navigate to: My account > Profile > My selling tools
2. Then, on the the My selling tools page, to the right of the Block payments item, please click the Update link.
3. In the page that loads, please make sure that your account is:
- NOT set to “Block Payments for the items not sold on eBay from U.S. users who do not provide a confirmed address”
- NOT set to block payments from users who “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab”
- NOT set to block payments in a currency you do not hold
- NOT set to block payments from Student accounts (optional)
- DON’T FORGET to save your changes before you leave the page
The picture below shows how blocked payments settings may appear in your account. (In some accounts or some locations, the page may look different.)
Solution for reason #2:
Make sure your PayPal account and your campaign are both using the same currency.
Example: You have a US PayPal account with a US Dollar balance, but you set up your campaign to accept donations in Canadian Dollars. PayPal will not allow you to accept Canadian Dollars because you don’t have a Canadian Dollar balance in your PayPal account.
Solution: Either enable Canadian Dollars in your PayPal account, or change your campaign to accept US Dollars.
- If you want to accept payments in a foreign currency, you need to enable that currency in your PayPal account. Here’s how:
1. Login to your PayPal account and navigate to: My account > Overview
2. To the right of your PayPal account balance, locate and click the Currency converter link (see giant green arrow in the screenshot below)
3. Select the currency to add, and click Add Currency
This screenshot shows how the currency converter link may appear in your account. (In some accounts or some locations, there may be differences.)
- If you want to change the currency you accept in your FundRazr campaign, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account at http://fundrazr.com/manage
2. Click the Edit link under the picture of your campaign
3. Click Funding & deadline on the left side of the page
4. Select the correct currency and click Save changes
IMPORTANT!!! – If you’re following theses steps to enable a new currency in your PayPal account because you want to accept funds in that currency through our system, then you need to make sure that you select the same currency in your campaign.
Why do I need to select the same currency?
Because PayPal can only process contributions through campaigns in one currency at a time. It’s not possible to let your contributors choose which currency they want to send. You decide which currency you want to receive, and PayPal will only deposit that currency into your PayPal account.
In other words, if someone from Canada donates to a US campaign accepting US Dollars, then PayPal takes Canadian Dollars from them, converts them into US Dollars, and then deposits those US Dollars into their PayPal account. All of this is done in the background during the transaction, and the conversion rate PayPal is using is shown to them onscreen before they complete the transaction.
Don’t know if you selected the same currency in your campaign? Just look at your campaign’s Edit page to make sure.
Keep in mind that we don’t have access inside PayPal’s system, so our Customer Service agents can’t provide any direct help in getting through any of these steps. – this information is for reference only, and may become outdated over time.
If you need help getting through any of these steps, please call PayPal directly at 1-888-221-1161 and ask one of their Customer Service agents to walk you through the process.
I’ve finished the above steps and the message hasn’t disappeared from my campaign
If the message is still there, then you’ll need to refresh your email address in our system to make sure our system is aware of your PayPal account’s new settings.
- Log in to your account at http://fundrazr.com/manage
- Click the “Edit” link for your campaign.
- Click the Funding & deadline tab in the left column.
- Find the PayPal section and click “Details”.
- Make sure the email address you entered here is the same one as you have on your PayPal account, and is spelled correctly.
- Click the “Check it again” button and the message should disappear.
Everything should be running perfectly at this point. If that doesn’t do it, then please click the button under this article to get in touch with us – include your PayPal email address and a link to your campaign, along with a detailed description of the issue.