Article Under Revision
With the release of our new support center, we are revising old and outdated support articles. There may be information on this page that is outdated.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to our customer support team directly for assistance. This can be done by placing a ticket with the Support button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Each donor has control over how their contribution appears publicly on the campaign page.
As a donor, you can choose to:
- Hide your name from the public to appear anonymous, or
- link your contribution to your Facebook profile, Google+ profile, LinkedIn profile & email address, or
- manually enter your name, or
- leave a public comment if you want to.
1. Check your email
When you made your contribution, we sent you a notification email. It will look similar to the screenshot below.
- Just click the “here” link in the second paragraph, as shown in the screenshot.
2. Payment Details
Choose how your contribution appears on the campaign page. There’s a few things you can do here:
- Payment details: This section shows you the Contribution amount, Transaction ID, and Transaction time. This information is private and will only be seen by you.
- Your name: You can type in your name, or you can choose to hide your name and donation amount from the public.
You can hide your name from the public but payment industry rules require that we and our Payment Providers tell the payment recipient who sent them money and how much.
- Your message: You can type a message to add next to your contribution on the campaign page.
Note: Anything you type here will be seen publicly, so don’t put sensitive information here (email address, phone number, address, etc.). To remove information you’ve previously entered, just delete the information and click Save.
3. Contact info
If the campaign was offering Incentives or providing tax receipts, you may need to give them your contact info. The group will either ask for this information during the checkout or with a follow-up email. If the campaign is missing some of your info (like if they need your mailing address before they can mail you the Incentive you paid for, etc.), you’ll see a little caution triangle.
Here’s a full list of the kind of information you may be asked for:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Date of birth
- Employer name
- Employer address
If you paid for any products or items as part of your contribution, you’ll see the details of the Items here. There’s also a link you can use to contact the campaign owner in case you have any questions.