Article Under Revision
With the release of our new support center, we are revising old and outdated support articles. There may be information on this page that is outdated.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to our customer support team directly for assistance. This can be done by placing a ticket with the Support button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
To change the currency accepted on your campaign, simply follow these steps:
- Go to your campaign page (example: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/bMmtb)
- In the Navigation bar for your campaign, click Edit
- Click the “Funding & Deadline” tab
- Select your new currency from the drop down menu
- Click “Save changes”
- You’re done!
Please keep the following things in mind:
- A campaign can only accept donations in one currency at a time.
However, if your Stripe or PayPal account is set up to allow “payments in a currency you do not hold”, then both payment providers will automatically convert any foreign currencies from your donors into the Primary currency listed in your account.
- To accept donations in a certain currency, you need to have that currency active on your Stripe or PayPal account.
To make sure your account is set up for this, log in to your account on Stripe or PayPal‘s respective websites.
- The currency can only be changed if your campaign has not received any contributions.
After a contribution has been made, the currency becomes locked and can no longer be changed. If your campaign has already received contributions and you need to change the currency, you will need to Finish your current campaign and then create a new one with your desired currency.
IMPORTANT: The information on this page is for Personal Campaigns only. If you’re running an Organization campaign and you want to change your Organization’s default currency, you won’t be able to change this yourself, you’ll have to ask our Support team to change it for you. You can submit a ticket to us through the Support icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.