Are you trying to contribute to the campaign?
That error message means that the campaign owner is accepting contributions in a currency that their PayPal account is not set up to receive. They won’t be able to accept contributions until they adjust their PayPal account settings.
Example: The campaign is accepting funds in USD, but the PayPal account only has a CAD balance. They’ll need to adjust their PayPal account to open a USD balance so the money they receive through their camapign has somewhere to go.
To help resolve the issue and help the campaign owner start being able to accept contributions again as soon as possible, please do one of two things:
- Contact the campaign owner and provide them with a link to this page, or
- Submit A Request in the bottom right corner of your screen and provide us with a link to the campaign so we can contact the campaign owner to help them out
Are you the campaign owner?
This error message can appear for two possible reasons:
- If your PayPal account is set to block certain payments, and/or
- If your PayPal account is not set up to accept the currency you selected on your campaign
Solution for reason #1:
Users with this issue usually have Business PayPal accounts and conduct regular business using PayPal outside of our system, such as on eBay or their own website.
Change your settings for blocked payments – please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your PayPal account and navigate to: Account Settings > Seller Tools > Payment receiving preferences
2. Click the Update button
3. In the page that loads, please make sure that your account is:
- NOT set to “Block Payments for the items not sold on eBay from U.S. users who do not provide a confirmed address”
- NOT set to block payments from users who “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab”
- NOT set to block payments in a currency you do not hold
Solution for reason #2:
Make sure your PayPal account and your campaign are both using the same currency.
Example: You have a US PayPal account with a US Dollar balance, but you set up your campaign to accept donations in Canadian Dollars. PayPal will not allow you to accept Canadian Dollars because you don’t have a Canadian Dollar balance in your PayPal account.
Solution: Either enable Canadian Dollars in your PayPal account, or change your campaign to accept US Dollars.
- If you want to accept payments in a foreign currency, you need to enable that currency in your PayPal account. Here’s how:
1. Login to your PayPal account and view the Summary page
2. To the right of your PayPal account balance, click on the three vertical dots
3. Click the Manage currencies link
4. Click + Add a currency link and make the changes as needed
- If you want to change the currency you accept in your FundRazr campaign, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account at http://fundrazr.com/manage
2. Click the Edit link under the picture of your campaign
3. Click Payments on the left side of the page
4. Select the correct currency and click Save changes
IMPORTANT!!! – If you’re following theses steps to enable a new currency in your PayPal account because you want to accept funds in that currency through our system, then you need to make sure that you select the same currency in your campaign.
Why do I need to select the same currency?
Because PayPal can only process contributions through campaigns in one currency at a time. It’s not possible to let your contributors choose which currency they want to send. You decide which currency you want to receive, and PayPal will only deposit that currency into your PayPal account.
In other words, if someone from Canada donates to a US campaign accepting US Dollars, then PayPal takes Canadian Dollars from them, converts them into US Dollars, and then deposits those US Dollars into their PayPal account. All of this is done in the background during the transaction, and the conversion rate PayPal is using is shown to them onscreen before they complete the transaction.
Don’t know if you selected the same currency in your campaign? Just look at your campaign’s Edit page to make sure.
Keep in mind that we don’t have access inside PayPal’s system, so our Customer Service agents can’t provide any direct help in getting through any of these steps. – this information is for reference only, and may become outdated over time.
I’ve finished the above steps and the message hasn’t disappeared from my campaign
If the message is still there, then you’ll need to refresh your email address in our system to make sure our system is aware of your PayPal account’s new settings.
- Log in to your account at http://fundrazr.com/manage
- Click the “Edit” link for your campaign in the left column
- Click the Payments tab in the left column
- Make sure the email address you entered here is the same one as you have on your PayPal account, and is spelled correctly
- Click the “Check it again” button as shown above and the message should disappear
Everything should be running perfectly at this point. If that doesn’t do it, then please click the Support button in the bottom right corner of your screen to get in touch with us. Please include your PayPal email address and a link to your campaign, along with a detailed description of the issue.